Artist Painter Brenda D. Johnson's Wildlife and Nature Inspired Art

Brenda's Blog and Studio Journal features new works in progress and general updates. You can also follow Brenda on Facebook (search Facebook: Brenda D. Johnson Wildlife Art. (NEW!)

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pet Portrait, Domestic Cat

Several years ago, one of my Bobcat paintings made the cover of a hunting magazine.  I can't believe people hunt them!  Yikes!  But, through that cover I met a lovely couple whom I've kept in contact with over several years now.  I've been honored by a commission from them and their character of farm cat will be the subject of that piece.


Here I have the base coat in.    There is lots of tid bits on the ground to paint in, grasses to complete ... and, of course the kitty.      I'll post updates as time allows.


The size of this painting is a 9" x 12", acrylic on board.   :)

No comments: