Artist Painter Brenda D. Johnson's Wildlife and Nature Inspired Art

Brenda's Blog and Studio Journal features new works in progress and general updates. You can also follow Brenda on Facebook (search Facebook: Brenda D. Johnson Wildlife Art. (NEW!)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Black Bear - On the easel.............

I've chosen these two bear cubs for an 9" x 12" oil on canvas.  Here I'm just starting the base coat.  After the base coat dries I will begin defining more detail in a second coat.     


The reference for these juveniles were taken at a location in Idaho.     I've produced a number of paintings from this trip.  Who can resist babies! 


It would be lovely to take another trip up that way.
Early to mid June is a great time to capture all the babies.   


It was in Yellowstone that I captured some amazing baby photos of Elk, Moose...........  


Of course, it's also a bit nerve racking to attempt to hike with all the Mothers in protective mode.   I did little hiking that year!!!!!!!  Grizzlies were out in numbers looking for easy marks making hiking simply out of the question for me.   


I'll post the progress on this piece as it develops.       Oh and again, I'd like to thank all of those who have emailed or posted comments.   They are always a pleasure and welcome!

No comments: