Artist Painter Brenda D. Johnson's Wildlife and Nature Inspired Art

Brenda's Blog and Studio Journal features new works in progress and general updates. You can also follow Brenda on Facebook (search Facebook: Brenda D. Johnson Wildlife Art. (NEW!)

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Bobcat and Cubs

This is an awesome sight!  Bobcat and four cubs!
It's apparent that she has had an excellent year so far to have so many.  This family will return again and again to this site.  The food source and water are there.  The rocks and boulders offer privacy and protection to raise this liter.  This is just one of many who have returned year after year since around 1992.


Many of my paintings of Bobcats have come from this location.   Wild Bobs!  Oh so cool !


I have started a drawing from this group of photo references.   For balance in composition however, I have chosen Mother and two cubs.   I'll be painting this one in acrylic.  I might not start the painting for a month or two, but it goes without saying the passion is there and I am itching to start it.


I've had to put several I've started aside to date for deadlines.   The 5" x 7" Great Horned Owl piece is almost finished.  (I'll post it once complete)  I'll begin this weekend on a 4" x 4" painting of a Saw Whet Owl.   Then it's on for a new deadline.


I've ordered some books from Amazon.com and have a project that is very exciting.  I'll need to research this subject matter completely before I even think about starting the painting.   I'm thinking about doing an underwater scene, something I have never attempted before.   


Jerry and I will be traveling a short distance to Catalina for Kayaking, Snorkeling and such.  Underwater camera gear..... Hmmmmm!   I love how the light rays dance through the water bouncing the most fascinating designs across whatever it hits.  I think it would be wonderful to be able to paint the luminosity of light and abstract design.    Always the challenges that keep this job fresh!

No comments: