Artist Painter Brenda D. Johnson's Wildlife and Nature Inspired Art

Brenda's Blog and Studio Journal features new works in progress and general updates. You can also follow Brenda on Facebook (search Facebook: Brenda D. Johnson Wildlife Art. (NEW!)

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Peacock ~ On the easel...

Happy New Year !  


May all your dreams and wishes come true!


This has been an interesting year for us with all the usual.  Health issues all behind us now, we are ready for a great year!  I think I spared everyone the wild unexpected news.   At the risk of sounding like a county western song, I'll spare you again.    So lots of laughter, a wonderful break from the norm, it all came out quite well anyway!


I'm gearing up in the studio for my next show in Tulsa, OK.,  Nature Works.    Plus, there are several other venues I'm interested in submitting to as well.


The image above is the beginning of a 6" x 24" cropped Peacock.  It's very complex to say the least!  I think I'll make friends with this painting AFTER I've completed it.  Right now there is so much to do to complete it.   I've mentioned this to others regarding this endeavor,  "I'm so lost in the feathers!"  


I'm working in Acrylic so it's pretty fast moving if I can stay on task.  There are a lot of breaks required on this work.  ha ha ha!  Whew!   Updates as I progress!  :- )






No comments: