Artist Painter Brenda D. Johnson's Wildlife and Nature Inspired Art

Brenda's Blog and Studio Journal features new works in progress and general updates. You can also follow Brenda on Facebook (search Facebook: Brenda D. Johnson Wildlife Art. (NEW!)

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Peacock ~ On the easel...

Work continues on the Peacock today (probably will take several more days).  I have about one third of the painting at the bottom to paint in.  The beak needs some refining and added color as well. 


It's hard to rush these colorful small feathers behind the neck.  Each on is very unique to the other.  One by one its character reveals itself as I inch my way through them.


I can't even imagine painting the whole bird with mating display in as fine a detail as I have attempted here!   It might take 6 months at least!


I'll post more as it progresses.   :-)

No comments: